Succulent chicken pieces with a sweet and tangy glaze. This is easy to cook in big batches, making it perfect for parties. Be sure there are plenty of napkins at the ready though.
- 12 chicken wings or 12 drumsticks, or a mixture of both
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
For the glaze:
- 2tbsp each of soy sauce, tomato ketchup and honey
- 2tsp coarse-grained mustard (optional)
- To start this chicken wing recipe (opens in new tab) set the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Put the chicken pieces in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and cook for 15 mins.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together (including the mustard, if using). Spoon glaze over the chicken to coat it well. Cook for another 15-20 mins for wings and 25 mins for drumsticks.
- Remove the chicken from the tin and scrape the juices into a small pan. Bring to the boil and reduce for a few minutes until thickened and sticky, then pour or brush over the hot chicken.
- Serve hot or cold. If serving cold, cook the day before. This dish is best not reheated. Not suitable for freezing.
Top Tip for making Sticky chicken
If you want to cook cocktail sausages alongside, add these to the roasting tin when you're glazing the chicken for the last 20-25 mins of cooking.