Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Did you know you could make desserts in a slow cooker? This is a great make-ahead dessert – and in fact, it tastes better if you allow some time for setting it aside for the flavours to develop.
Read our tried and tested reviews of the best slow cookers. (opens in new tab)
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g grated chocolate
- 25g cocoa powder, sieved, plus extra to decorate
- 75g self-raising flour
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp liquid coffee, i.e. Camp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- You will need 6 x 150 ml ramekins
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy and smooth, then beat in the eggs slowly, until smooth. Add the chocolate and stir in the cocoa powder. Lastly, stir in the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins. Put 3–4 layers of greaseproof paper in the base of the slow cooker and put the ramekins on top, stacking if necessary. Pour in hot water to a depth of about 2 cm and cook for 4 hours on the high setting or 8 hours on low. Allow to cool.
- To serve, beat together the mascarpone, icing sugar, liquid coffee and vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon a little of this mixture over the top of each chocolate base, sieve over some cocoa powder and serve.
Top Tip for making Tiramisu sponge desserts
Not got a slow cooker? See our slow cooking tips and tricks to convert the times for a normal oven