Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Weight Watchers chilli con carne is a classic recipe with a lower-fat twist. This hearty meal is a real winter warmer, minus the guilt of extra calories and fat. Cook up a big batch of this healthy chilli con carne from Weight Watchers, in three quick and easy steps and you have yourself two dinners to feed a family of four. This recipe serves 8 people and will take around 2hrs to make and cook. Serve your chilli with potato wedges, tortilla wraps or a small portion of rice.
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 large onions, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g (1lb 5 oz) extra lean beef mince with 7% fat or less
- 4 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 450 g (1lb) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded andchopped finely or 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 kg (2lb 4 oz) carrots, peeled and chopped finely
- 2tbsp dried oregano
- 1tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tbsp fennel seeds
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 x 400 g cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 ml (½ pint) vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A small bunch of fresh coriander or
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Heat a very large, lidded, non-stick saucepan or casserole and spray with the cooking spray. Stir fry the onions and garlic for 5 mins, or until softened, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add the mince and stir fry, breaking it up with a wooden spoon for 10 mins, until it is browned all over. Season with black pepper and add all the other ingredients except the coriander or parsley.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently, covered, for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaves. Serve with the coriander or parsley scattered over the top.
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers chilli con carne
Plan a month's worth of family meals with our easy meal planner (opens in new tab) to save you money
If you’re looking for low calorie meals that you can enjoy on the Weight Watchers plan, you’re in for a treat. We’ve got lots of mouth-watering Weight Watchers recipes here at Goodto.com ranging from breakfast to dinner, from lunch to dessert. Following the Weight Watchers diet has never been easier.
Weight Watchers butternut squash tortilla
Weight Watchers butternut squash and spinach tortilla is a quick, filling and delicious lunch option.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Low-fat carrot soup
This low-fat carrot soup is so easy to make. Serve it with crusty wholemeal bread for a healthy lunch or starter.
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Weight Watchers Cajun chicken
This one-pot Weight Watchers Cajun chicken is bursting with flavour and takes only 15 mins to prep, letting the oven do the hard work for you
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Mrs Hinch leaves the internet in shock with very bizarre dinner recipe
By Hayley Minn • Published
Kate Middleton ditched one big beauty mistake to look younger and it's so easy to copy
By Selina Maycock • Published