Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This egg curry with lentils is super-easy to whip up and takes just 25 minutes to cook. Created by Weight Watchers, it's the perfect midweek supper if you're looking for a quick and healthy treat.
This Weight Watchers recipe (opens in new tab) for egg curry with lentils is a healthy alternative for days you might be craving an Indian takeaway. Packed full of spicy Indian flavours, including garam masala, cardamon, chill, garlic and coriander, this warm hearty meal will fill you up without overloading on the calories. This recipe serves four people, so it's perfect if you have a family to feed - or want to save some tasty leftovers for your lunch the following day. It takes just 20 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook, so it'll be on the table in less than an hour. If you're following Weight Watchers SmartPoints, this egg curry has a SmartPoint value of just 5.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 125ml vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 400g tin green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and chopped
- 60g young leaf spinach
- 4 mini naan breads
- Bring a pan of water to the boil over a medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer, carefully add the eggs using a slotted spoon and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain, fill the pan with cold water and set aside for a few minutes to allow the eggs to cool, then peel and cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and all of the spices and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock, lentils and courgettes. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes,until the courgettes are tender. Stir in the spinach.
- Divide the lentil curry between 4 bowls and top with th eggs. Serve with the mini naan breads on the side. For more information about WW and to kick-start your own wellness journey this year visit weightwatchers.com/uk (opens in new tab)
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers Egg Curry
For extra flavour, combine 200g fat-free natural yogurt with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and serve on the side with the naan breads. The SmartPoints will be the same.