Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Love hash browns for breakfast? Try these ones from Weight Watchers with a perfectly poach egg, if you're watching your weight. Watch our poached egg video too!
- low-fat cooking spray
- 3 rashers lean back bacon, chopped roughly
- 275 g (9½ oz) cooked green vegetables, such as leeks and broccoli, chopped roughly
- 400 g (14 oz) potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Gently cook the bacon for 5 mins until crispy. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the green vegetables into a large bowl. Add the mashed potatoes, two mustards and cooked bacon. Season with black pepper and mix together.
- Using wet hands, divide the mixture into four and then shape each quarter into a large patty or burger shape.
- Heat the frying pan you cooked the bacon in and spray again with the cooking spray. Gently fry the potato cakes for 10 mins, turning once (do not attempt to turn until after 5 mins). Once cooked, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Crack the eggs into a cup and gently add to the pan. Poach for 5 mins until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the hash browns. Season with pepper and serve.
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers' hash browns
For a vegetarian version, replace the bacon rashers with three Quorn Deli Bacon Style Rashers and cook according to the packet instructions