This wholesome, delicious Quorn sausage bake might be easy on the waistline but it doesn't compromise on flavour.
This family-sized Weight Watchers Quorn sausage bake created by WW (opens in new tab) – the new Weight Watchers, (opens in new tab) is the perfect option for vegetarians. This recipe serves 4 people and will take only 40 mins to cook. It's a real crowd pleaser using lower fat Quorn sausages instead of meat sausages, tinned chopped tomatoes for a rich tomato sauce and fat-reduced mature vegetarian cheese to make it even more guilt-free.
This sausage bake uses spaghetti but you can use all different varieties of pasta including penne or bows - the choice is yours! A portion of this mouth-watering bake works out at only 10 SmartPoints per serving.
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 6 Quorn sausages, sliced thickly
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 500ml vegetable stock, made with 1 cube
- 150g frozen peas
- 50g fat-reduced mature vegetarian cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and put a baking tray on the centre shelf. Mist a 23cm square baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Roughly break up the spaghetti into the dish and add the Quorn sausages.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, ketchup and stock. Season to taste, pour into the dish and stir to combine everything.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Put it on the preheated tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the spaghetti is almost tender.
- Remove the foil, stir in the peas, then scatter the cheese on top. Bake uncovered for a final 5 minutes. Divide between 4 warmed plates or bowls to serve.
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers Quorn sausage bake
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.