This delicious Weight Watchers vegetarian cannelloni is a hearty Italian dish that makes a perfect dinner for the whole family and is great for vegetarians too. This delicious tomato and cheese infused bake can be ready and on the dinner table in just 1hr. This recipe serves 4 people and is a mouth-watering family-sized dish. If you have any leftovers pop into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. This Weight Watchers vegetarian cannelloni would be perfect the next day warmed through thoroughly and served with freshly prepared salad.
- 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 1 portion aubergine, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 250g lasagne sheets, cut in half
- 350g Lloyd Grossman Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce (or similar)
- 4tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 large basil leaf to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan or sauté pan with low fat cooking spray and stir-fry the aubergine, onion and pepper for 2-3 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for another 2-3 mins, then add the tomato puree. Remove from the heat. Season to taste, then cool for 5-10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190°C, fan oven 170°C. Spray a large oblong baking dish with low fat cooking spray.
- Lay the lasagne sheets on a work surface and share the filling between them. Roll them up and place in the baking dish. (N.B. if the lasagne sheets are not flexible, put them in a dish and pour boiling water over them to soften them first, before adding the filling.)
- Pour the pasta sauce on top. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle evenly over the sauce. Bake for 20 mins, until golden brown and bubbling. Serve at once, garnished with basil leaves.
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers vegetarian cannelloni
If you're looking for a way to bulk this meal up we'd recommend adding some Quorn mince to the mix.
If you’re looking for low calorie meals that you can enjoy on the Weight Watchers plan, you’re in for a treat. We’ve got lots of mouth-watering Weight Watchers recipes here at Goodto.com ranging from breakfast to dinner, from lunch to dessert. Following the Weight Watchers diet has never been easier.
Soft baked aubergine stuffed and flavoured with a host of aromatic herbs...
By Samuel Goldsmith • Last updated
Slow roasted tomato pasta
By Jessica Dady • Published
Weight Watchers butternut squash tortilla
Weight Watchers butternut squash and spinach tortilla is a quick, filling and delicious lunch option.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Slow-cooked chicken stew
Slow-cooked chicken stew can be cooked in a slow cooker over six hours or so, or whacked in the oven to bubble away for 2-3 hours.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Healthy chicken casserole
Our healthy chicken casserole recipe is perfect for cold winter nights, made with plenty of veg and butter beans for a filling meal that's good for you too
By Jessica Dady • Published
Chicken biryani is a rich and spicy chicken and rice dish that everyone will love. This authentic Indian meal is easy to make and so delicious.
By GoodtoKnow • Published