Primark has launched its first-ever online click-and-collect service as part of a trial among 25 of it's stores - but is your store on the list?
The budget clothing and home retailer launched the new service today (Monday, 14th November) but sparked a four-hour outage after its website crashed as shoppers rushed to browse the site.
The popular chain, which reportedly lost more than £1bn in sales when it was forced to close during the lockdown, has finally launched the click-and-collect service to 25 of its stores as part of a trial run so customers can order online and collect in-store.
It comes after the store launched a new website earlier this year.
But there's a catch....
So far, there are only 25 stores in the north-west England, Yorkshire and north Wales taking part in the trial which sees them provide click-and-collect on child's products only.
Shoppers will have to spend a minimum of £15 to use the click-and-collect online service, but there is no charge and each of the trial stores will have a designated click and collect service desk.
"We're working hard to address this to ensure that everyone can access and browse the site easily," the company said in a statement.
Primark click-and-collect trial locations
- Birkenhead, Grange Road, CH41 6EA
- Blackburn, The Mall Blackburn, BB1 7JG
- Blackpool, Bank Hey Street, FY1 4RY
- Bolton, Crompton Place Shopping, BL1 1EA
- Broughton, Broughton Shopping Park, CH4 0DE
- Burnley, Charter Walk Shopping Centre, BB11 1BB
- Bury, The Rock Shopping Centre, BL9 0ND
- Carlisle, English Street, CA3 8NX
- Chester, Foregate Street, CH1 1HA
- Huddersfield, New Street, HD1 2TR
- Lancaster, Marketgate Shopping Centre, LA1 1JF
- Liverpool, Church Street, L1 3AY
- Llandudno, Parc Llandudno Retail Park, LL30 1PX
- Manchester, Market Street, M1 1WA
- Manchester, The Trafford Centre, M17 8AS
- Oldham, Market Place, OL1 3AB
- Preston, Fishergate Shopping Centre, PR1 8HJ
- Sheffield, Meadowhall, S9 1ER
- Sheffield, The Moor, S1 4PA
- Southport, Chapel Street, PR8 1AE
- Stockport, Chestergate, SK1 1NT
- Wallasey, Cherry Tree Shopping Centre, CH44 5TL
- Warrington, Golden Square, WA1 1QB
- Wigan, Standishgate, WN1 1UP
- Wrexham, Regent Street, LL11 1RY
Meanwhile, Paul Marchant, the retailer's chief executive, said the launch of Primark's click-and-collect service was a "milestone for us and a really important moment".
"We're massive fans of bricks and mortar. We believe in stores and we believe in the High Street. We think click-and-collect is the right proposition," he told the BBC in a rare broadcast interview.
But he is feeling positive about Christmas shoppers, he added, "We feel excited about Christmas. I think we're really well set. Our stores are feeling busy.
"It's the first time for three years that customers have been able to come into the store, mask free, restriction free and really enjoy the experience of being in a Primark store."
All orders will be processed in brown paper packaging or cardboard boxes sealed with paper tape featuring the new click-and-collect branding.
Primark also introduced self-service checkouts to its stores earlier this year in the hope of reducing queuing times for shoppers.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Selina is currently a Senior Entertainment Writer for Goodto.com, formerly Senior Entertainment writer for Woman&Home, and My Imperfect Life and has more than 16 years of experience in newspapers, magazines and online. She currently writes a mix of Entertainment news - including celebrity births, weddings and reality show line-ups including Strictly, Dancing On Ice and The Great British Bake Off, reporting the the latest news about the Royal kids Prince George, Charlotte, Louis, Archie and Lilibet as well as Family news stories from baby names to store closures and product recall warnings. Before joining Future Publishing, Selina graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2006 with a degree in Journalism. She is fully NCTJ and NCE qualified and has 100wpm shorthand. When she's not interviewing celebrities you can find her exploring new countryside walking routes, catching up with friends over good food, or making memories.
Is the Stokke Sleepi set to become as iconic as the Tripp Trapp?
The Stokke Sleepi set cotbed looks good and lasts (and lasts). Find out what our reviewer thought about the trendy design and features.
By Heidi Scrimgeour Published
18 cosy gifts that feel like a big hug in winter - to treat yourself or a loved one
If the colder months make you, or someone you know, want to hibernate until spring, check out these cosy buys that will see you through in the toastiest of fashion
By Sarah Handley Published