The supermarket chain, who came under fire earlier this week from customers furious to hear that wine had been removed from the famous offer, has given its seasonal meal deal a sprinkle of fairytale romance, inspired by Disney movie Lady and the Tramp.
If you don’t fancy making your own spaghetti and meatballs, M&S’ Valentines linguine dish features British pork and beef meatballs, but it’s the extra long (50cm) pasta in a tomato, chilli and basil sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese, that could see you locking lips with your loved one over dinner.
Recreate that famous Disney scene which sees both Lady (Barbara Luddy) and the Tramp (Larry Roberts) have a romantic evening where they share a plate of spaghetti.
Slurping up strands of pasta that’s half a metre long might look messy but you can re-create the adorable movie scene, locking lips like the pooches in the cartoon classic.
Shoppers choosing the M&S deal can also choose one starter, main, side, dessert, a bottle of booze and a box of chocolates from a huge array of foodie delights.
Among the items available to choose in the £20 meal deal is ‘Love Linguine’, two different types of steak, truffle mash, heart-shaped churros, and a bottle of prosecco.
DEAL IN FULL: M&S Valentines Day Dine In deal – £20 (Save £16.50)
- Coquilles St Jacques
- Puff Pastry Cheese & Leek Souffle Tarts
- Gastropub Duck Croquettes
- Gastropub Melting Cheese with Oatcakes
- NEW Our Best Ever Prawn Cocktail
- NEW Salmon Sharing Platter
- NEW Plant Kitchen Mushroom Pate (VE)
- British 21-day aged Rump Steak with Peppercorn Sauce
- British 21-day aged Sirloin Steaks with Garlic Butter
- Rack of Lamb with Mustard, Honey & Herb Crust
- Pulled Beef Love Parcel
- Duck Breast with Plum Sauce
- Gastropub Beef Bourgignon
- NEW Love Linguine
- Our Best Ever Chicken Kiev
- NEW 2 Stuffed Seabass Fillets
- NEW Plant Kitchen No Beef Creamy Peppercorn Pie (VE)
- NEW Plant Kitchen Potato Dauphinoise (VE)
- Triple Cooked Chips
- Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Tenderstem Broccoli (VE)
- Extra Fine Asparagus (VE)
- Truffled Cauliflower Cheese
- NEW Truffle Mash Potato
- Nuts about you Cheesecake
- 2 Gastropub Billionaire’s Pots
- Profiterole Stack
- Strawberries in a heart-shaped punnet
- NEW Plant Kitchen Heart Churros with Chocolate Sauce (VE)
- NEW Glittering Heart Rose Flavoured Jelly
- 2 Tarte Au Citron Slices
- Cheeseboard Selection
- Conte Priuli Prosecco
- NEW Conte Priuli Prosecco Rose
- Vinalta Argentinian Malbec
- Valdamera Gran Reserva Red
- Tewara New Zeland Sauvignon Blanc
- Macon Village Chardonnay
- Sparkling British Elderflower
- Sparkling Orange and Mango
- Sparkling British Elderflower (no added sugar)
- Sparkling Mexican Lime
- Sparkling Blackcurrant and Elderflower
And some Love Bug Mini Chocolates.
With around 50 different items to choose from, the meal deal is available in stores from February 10 until February 14, so hurry.
And if there’s not that special someone to share your meal deal with, why not buy two meals and share between the family – with soft drinks selected for the children, obviously.