Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A fantastically filling, flavour-packed supper that's ready in next to no time
- 2 aubergines, sliced
- 3 medium courgettes, sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 5tbsp fresh pesto
- 1 focaccia loaf, split in half
- 200g garlic cream cheese
- 2 beef tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- Put the aubergines, courgettes, olive oil and pesto in a large bowl, season well and combine to coat. Preheat grill to medium. Arrange the vegetables on the grill pan and grill for 10-15 mins, turning once until tender and lightly charred. You may need to do this in batches.
- Cut each focaccia half into 4 wedges and toast on both sides. Spread with cream cheese and place two wedges on each plate. Top with the sliced tomatoes and mixed salad leaves, and pile the grilled vegetables on top.
Top Tip for making Aubergines, courgette, pesto and cream cheese open sandwich
If you use jars of pesto, just reduce the quantity to 2-3tbsp as it has a stronger flavour than fresh.