Looking for quick and easy recipes? Try this gorgeous dessert from Woman's Weekly. If you love figs, you can't get better than this.
- 8 large, ripe figs
- 1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Marsala
- Thick Greek yogurt
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig
- Pack the fruit fairly tightly into a shallow baking dish and add pieces of cinnamon stick
- Spoon the maple syrup and Marsala over
- Cover the dish tightly with foil
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how ripe the figs are
- Spoon figs on to a serving platter, then reduce the syrup in a pan for a few minutes and pour it over
- Serve with yogurt
Top Tip for making Baked figs with marsala and maple syrup
If you don't have maple syrup and marsala, use honey and sweet sherry.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.