Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Celeb chef James Tanner has created this great recipe with frozen meatballs. Serve with grilled pitta and homemade tzatziki.
- 1 pack of meatballs
- 4 large pitta breads
- 1 bag of mixed leaf salad
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Half a peeled and diced cucumber
- Juice of half a lemon
- Peel the cucumber and remove any seeds. Dice into 1cm-cubes and leave to drain on a kitchen towel.
- Remove the meatballs from packaging and cook as guided from pack.
- Score the pitta breads to create an envelope effect and toast for one minute, on both sides, under a hot grill.
- Mix the drained diced cucumber with the yogurt, garlic and lemon juice then season to taste to make the tzatziki.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Then place in a bowl and crush slightly with a fork.
- Take the pitta breads and add some of the salad leaves into the breads and separate the meatball mix between the four pittas. Finish with a spoonful of tzatziki.
Top Tip for making Baked meatballs with pitta and tzatziki
Top tip: Does your pitta bread always rip and fall apart when you slice it? Cut them open with scissors instead of a knife - no more broken pittas!