Phil Vickery's banoffee sundae with caramel is just simply divine - a superb twist on the original recipe for banoffee pie - it's a great summer treat. Phil says: 'You probably thought that it’s not possible to improve on the original recipe for banoffee pie but I beg to differ - here’s a divine sundae idea with pecans for added crunch!'
- 25g (1oz) pecan nuts
- 2 oaty biscuits or nutty shortbread
- 2 small bananas
- 3tbsp whipping cream
- 3tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1tsp almond liqueur or rum (optional)
- 6tbsp Carnation Squeezy Caramel
- 2 balls light ice cream
- Place 2 sundae glasses into the freezer.
- Tip the pecan nuts into a dry pan and toast over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cool and then roughly chop.
- Crumble the biscuits in a small bowl.
- Chop the bananas into chunks.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks then stir in the yogurt and liqueur if using.
- Drizzle half the caramel around the insides of the glasses. Tumble in some of the biscuits and nuts, a few slices of banana and top with the ice cream. Add the remaining caramel, nuts, biscuits and banana and finish with a blob of the creamy mixture.
Top tips for making Phil Vickery's banoffee sundae with caramel
If you want to make these in advance they will keep perfectly for about an hour before you need them in the freezer. Try different nuts or a mixture – almonds and hazelnuts work well in this recipe too. We would also recommend making this sundae extra indulgent by topping with crumbled homemade brownie using our chocolate brownie recipe (opens in new tab).
Phil Vickery has been part of the This Morning team for over 20 years and his recipes are unsurprisingly a huge hit with families as they are fuss-free, wholesome and delicious. He’s one of the country’s most-loved chefs and is passionate about using locally sourced ingredients to cook classic British dishes. In fact, in Phil’s spare time he likes to spend ours on his farm tending to the land and livestock, which includes pigs.
Phil Vickery’s apple fool
This apple fool makes a lovely summer or early autumn dessert and a great alternative to a trifle.
By Phil Vickery • Published
Mary Berry’s rum and raisin ice cream
Serve Mary Berry's rum and raisin ice cream with fresh fruit, and pancakes, or paired with a warm chocolate brownie for an indulgent dessert...
By Mary Berry • Published
Joe Wicks' black cherry and yogurt ripple ice cream
By Joe Wicks • Published
Vegan basil pesto courgetti with tomatoes and chilli
It takes just four ingredients to make this simple, healthy courgette recipe infused with pesto...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Vegan chilli pesto tagliatelle
A really simple dish to whip up for lunch or dinner using just five store cupboard ingredients...
By Jessica Dady • Published