The tell-tale earthy flavour and the flushed pink stains of using beets in any recipe make it a star ingredient. The tangy blue cheese dressing and silky texture of the avocado makes this easy and tasty recipe, a sure fire way to bring luxury to a starter or a special salad for two. For extra crunch, try topping with crispy bits of bacon or pancetta.
- 1 hot house lettuce
- 2 small beet, washed and peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 75g blue cheese
- 3tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2tsp of pine nuts
- Share the lettuce onto 2 plates. Prepare the beets and avocado and slice them. Arrange on top of the lettuce.
- Blitz 50g of the cheese with the yoghurt in a mini blender or simply whisk them together to form a silky dressing.
- Pour the blue cheese dressing over the salad and crumble the remaining 25g over the top and sprinkle the pine nuts. Serve.
Top Tip for making Beet salad with avocado and blue cheese
If beetroot is in season, simply peel and boil for 8-10mins until tender. Allow to cool and then slice.