This classic blackberry and pear cobbler recipe is the perfect Sunday dessert. Two delicious tastes of autumn combine to make this delicious pud. This hearty pud serves 5 people and will take 1hr to prepare and cook. The tangy blackberry and the soft pear works wonders together in this classic, sweet cobbler recipe. Serve warm with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 500g (1lb) blackberries
- 60g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- ½ level tsp mixed spice
For the cobbler
- 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) butter, chilled
- 100g (3½oz) golden caster sugar
- 100ml (3½fl oz) buttermilk
- 1 level tbsp golden granulated sugar
- 1.25 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish, buttered
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the prepared pears and blackberries into the dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cornflour and mixed spice, and gently mix together.
- To make the cobbler: Put the flour into a food processor with small chunks of butter and pulse for a few seconds to form crumbs. Add the sugar and buttermilk and whizz briefly to make a soft dough.
- Pull off clumps of the dough and put them on the fruit but don’t cover it completely. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for 35-40 mins until the fruit is tender and cobbler golden.
Top Tip for making Blackberry and pear cobbler
You can top the fruit filling with a layer of ready-made pastry or crumble if you fancy something different
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Plum and blueberry crumble
Do your family love a crumble? Why not try something a little different by using a plum and blueberry filling and a tasty almond crumble
By Jessica Dady Published
Espresso Martini chocolate pots
Whizz these Espresso Martini chocolate pots up in 10 minutes for your dinner party – a perfect, lightly boozy dessert...
By Jess Meyer Published
White chocolate passion fruit mousse
Easy to make ahead, these deceptively light and low-carb white chocolate passion fruit mousse are a dream...
By Jessica Ransom Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published