Start your day off on a high with this energising and tasty oat, fruit and nut combo. The perfect breakfast recipe for a summers morning, experiment with different flavoured yogurts for new tastes
- 150g porridge oats
- 200ml water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g fat-free blackcurrant yogurt
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 apple, grated
- 30g blackberries or blueberries
- 20g strawberries
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Mix the oats, water and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir well. Cover and leave to soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to eat and serve the bircher muesli, simply combine and stir in the yogurt, desiccated coconut and grated apple.
- Transfer the muesli to serving bowls and scatter over the fruit; blackberries, strawberries and blueberries (or fruit of your choice). Drizzle with honey and scatter with flaked almonds.
Top Tip for making Blackcurrant bircher muesli
Did you know that oats contain Vitamin B, along with minerals such as zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium? Result!
You might also like…
Low calorie fruits (opens in new tab)
Low calorie breakfast (opens in new tab)
Fruit salad (opens in new tab) recipe