Bourbon beef short ribs are so easy and delicious, you'll be making them every time you wheel out the BBQ or have friends round for dinner. These slow-cooked ribs take around 2 hours to cook and are well worth the wait, cooked in a big tin with Jack Daniel's whiskey, smoked paprika and maple syrup. The whole family is going to love tucking into these sticky ribs. Serve with salad or fresh greens.
- 1 rack beef short ribs
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's Bourbon whisky
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Kallo beef stock cube
- 1-2 red onions
- cornbread loaf, (we used Sainsbury’s)
- a little oil, for brushing
- Put the ribs in a roomy roasting tin with the paprika, Jack Daniels and maple syrup and seasoning. Rub the ingredients into the meat, then add 300ml kettle hot water and cover the tin with foil. If you like, you could marinate the ribs overnight in a sealed plastic food bag bag.
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Cook the ribs in the oven for 2 hours. Once cooked remove the ribs to a board and slice in between the bones to make individual ribs. Set aside to cool if not eating now, or keep warm. Pour the juices into a jug and skim off the fat. Pour the remaining liquid into a pan and bring to the boil. Bubble for around 5 mins, or until reduced and syrupy.
- Put the onions into a bowl with a generous sprinkling of salt and the lemon juice and set aside.
- Baste the ribs with the sauce. Then transfer to a hot BBQ and cook, turning until glazed and browned, baste again with any remaining sauce and cook until piping hot. Brush the cornbread with oil and grill until warmed. Serve the ribs with the cornbread and onions.
Top Tip for making Bourbon beef short ribs
Beef short ribs are best bought from your meat counter or butcher.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Low-fat chicken burgers
If you love a burger but want to find a healthy alternative try this one using lower-fat ingredients.
By Keiron George • Published
Bill Granger's Thai-style chicken burger
Shake things up with celeb chef Bill Grange's lime and lemongrass chicken burgers - deliciously zingy!
By Bill Granger • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
This GENIUS parenting hack for never having to call your kids down for dinner again has gone viral
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published