Bourbon beef short ribs are so easy and delicious, you'll be making them every time you wheel out the BBQ or have friends round for dinner. These slow-cooked ribs take around 2 hours to cook and are well worth the wait, cooked in a big tin with Jack Daniel's whiskey, smoked paprika and maple syrup. The whole family is going to love tucking into these sticky ribs. Serve with salad or fresh greens.
- 1 rack beef short ribs
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's Bourbon whisky
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Kallo beef stock cube
- 1-2 red onions
- cornbread loaf, (we used Sainsbury’s)
- a little oil, for brushing
- Put the ribs in a roomy roasting tin with the paprika, Jack Daniels and maple syrup and seasoning. Rub the ingredients into the meat, then add 300ml kettle hot water and cover the tin with foil. If you like, you could marinate the ribs overnight in a sealed plastic food bag bag.
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Cook the ribs in the oven for 2 hours. Once cooked remove the ribs to a board and slice in between the bones to make individual ribs. Set aside to cool if not eating now, or keep warm. Pour the juices into a jug and skim off the fat. Pour the remaining liquid into a pan and bring to the boil. Bubble for around 5 mins, or until reduced and syrupy.
- Put the onions into a bowl with a generous sprinkling of salt and the lemon juice and set aside.
- Baste the ribs with the sauce. Then transfer to a hot BBQ and cook, turning until glazed and browned, baste again with any remaining sauce and cook until piping hot. Brush the cornbread with oil and grill until warmed. Serve the ribs with the cornbread and onions.
Top Tip for making Bourbon beef short ribs
Beef short ribs are best bought from your meat counter or butcher.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Low-fat chicken burgers
If you love a burger but want to find a healthy alternative try this one using lower-fat ingredients.
By Keiron George Published
Bill Granger's Thai-style chicken burger
Shake things up with celeb chef Bill Grange's lime and lemongrass chicken burgers - deliciously zingy!
By Bill Granger Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published