Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These scones are very moreish! Serve them warm filled with slices of camembert and sliced tomato.
- 225g (8oz) self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp mustard powder
- 40g (1 1/2tsp) of butter
- 100g (4oz) camembert, diced
- 60ml (1/3 cup) snipped fresh chives
- 150ml (1/4pt) milk
- 50g (2oz) camembert, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Place the flour, salt, mustard and butter together in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs form.
- Stir in the diced camembert and chives, then add enough milk to form a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is 2cm thick.
- Press out 6-8 rounds using a 6.5cm round cutter and place on a baking sheet. Top with the slices camembert. Bake for 10 mins until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.