Pasta is such a reliable family supper. With so many trusty recipes and being such a quick ingredient to cook, this spaghetti recipe is perfect for those days when the only thing in the fridge is a few leftover carrots from the Sunday roast. The pungent goat’s cheese and sweetness of the carrots work perfectly well together and makes this dish a cheap and cheerful dinner for only a few pounds.
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 raw carrots, peeled
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 150g goat’s cheese
- 2tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Using a vegetable peeler run it down each carrot carefully shaving off ribbons as you go. Set aside.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. After 3-4mins add the carrot ribbons to the cooking water and boil the spaghetti and carrots together for a further 2-3mins. Drain everything and return to the pan and toss in oil to prevent sticking together. Season.
- Serve a bowl of the pasta and carrot mix into each bowl and serve by crumbling goat’s cheese and coriander over the top.
Top Tip for making Carrot ribbon spaghetti
If you have any leftover courgettes, ribbon them the same as the carrots and cook them in the same way.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Pasta with smoked salmon and cream
Goodtoknow has lots of easy recipes and dinner for one recipes like this pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce. Find out more easy recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published
Pasta shells with crayfish
This pasta shells with crayfish recipe is so easy to make and only takes 20 mins to rustle up
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mushroom and spinach pasta
www.goodtoknow.co.uk has lots of quick and easy food recipes like this mushroom and spinach pasta from Woman's Weekly. Find out more recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
This easy apple pie recipe is a real classic. Made traditionally with stewed apples and a rich buttery pastry you just can't go wrong...
By Jessica Dady • Published
This Peshwari naan recipe is simple and makes a great Indian cuisine side dish. They only take minutes to cook and complete any classic Indian dish...
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Hairy Bikers' chicken and wild mushroom pie
A tender chicken and rich wild mushroom pie recipe by The Hairy Bikers. Ready in just six simple steps...
By Hairy Bikers • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published