A colourful and delicious combination of warm vegetables, with a tangy balsamic dressing
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 small onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 120ml (8tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 5ml (1tsp) sugar
- 15ml (1tbsp) capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic ciabatta bread
- Place the aubergine, courgettes, onions, peppers and garlic in a shallow bowl and add 60ml (4tbsp) of the olive oil. Toss to coat in the oil. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle and cook the vegetables on the hot surface, in batches, for 5-6 mins, turning frequently until charred and just tender. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk together the rest of the oil with the vinegar, sugar and capers. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour over the hot vegetables.
- Bake the garlic ciabatta bread for 8-10 mins, then cut into slices. Arrange two slices of garlic bread on each plate and top with the vegetables and dressing.
Top Tip for making Chargrilled vegetable salad
For an extra-tangy dressing, add 1tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Ready in just four simple steps, this baked aubergine is stuffed and flavoured with a host of aromatic herbs...
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
These aubergine sliders are so simple to make and are tasty too. They’ll make the perfect side dish for a BBQ or special dinner with chicken
By Jessica Dady • Published
Slow cooker aubergine caponata pasta
Slow cooker aubergine caponata pasta is cooked for more than four hours for real warmth and flavour
By Octavia Lillywhite • Last updated
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated