Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This is one of those oh-so-easy family dishes that's guaranteed to please everyone. And the best bit is, it's ready in just half an hour.
- ½ x 375g (13oz) packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- Knob of butter
- 1½ tbsp crème fraîche
- 450g (1lb) open-cap mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 150g (6oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- 4 individual ramekins (small ovenproof dishes)
- Unroll the pastry and cut out four 7.5cm (3in) circles, or cut around an individual ramekin to get the correct fit .
- Fry the mushrooms and grated carrot in the butter with the garlic for 5-7 mins
- Sprinkle the grated cheese in with the mushroom mix while it's still hot, then stir in the crème fraîche.
- Divide the mushroom mix between the four ramekins and top with the pastry circles
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 mins at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6), or until the pastry is golden brown, then serve.
Top Tip for making Cheese pie
Top tip: This tastes great served with green beans or a tossed green salad.