Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This creamy fish pie style bake is oozing with melted cheese, delicious chunky haddock and fresh spinach. It only takes 40 minutes too and the family will love it
- 20g butter
- 20g plain flour
- 240ml milk
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- Squeeze of lemon
- 100g spinach
- 70g cheese, chopped into small cubes like Pie d’Angloys
- 400g smoked haddock
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat, remove and stir in the flour to form a roux. Place back on the heat and cook for 30 secs stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the milk a little at a time whisking as you go to prevent any lumps from forming. When you have incorporated all the milk and the sauce has a creamy consistency add in the Dijon mustard, cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Wash the spinach and cook for 1-2 mins, squeeze out any excess liquid using a sieve and the back of a spoon.
- Divide the spinach between two small crockery-baking dishes, place the fish on top and finish with the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins until golden on top.
Top Tip for making Cheesy haddock and spinach bake
Just top with mash to turn this cheesy haddock and spinach bake into a delicious fish pie
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Smoked haddock in mushroom sauce
This smoked haddock in mushroom sauce is creamy and delicious and perfect for sharing. Serve with new potatoes or rice
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Dog owners warned over poisonous danger on walks this spring
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published