Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This delicious cheesy smoked haddock pie is topped with carrot and swede mash for extra goodness.
This haddock pie is a perfect example of an easy, simple and super versatile recipe, great for whipping up in a hurry for a weekday dinner (opens in new tab).
With no frills or unnecessary ingredients, it's the new go-to dish in your cooking repertoire when things get a bit hectic! Made using shop-bought three cheese (opens in new tab) sauce, frozen haddock and spinach, you might have all the ingredients in your kitchen already.
This haddock pie is proper comfort food, ready in under an hour. What could be better?
Plus, you'll be pleased to know that a portion (opens in new tab) of this hearty pie works out at only 209 calories per serving. Pass the spoon!
- 400g frozen smoked haddock
- Juice 1 lemon
- 200g frozen spinach
- 1x350g pack three cheese sauce
- 600g frozen carrot and swede mash
- 50g Gruyère cheese, grated
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Put the frozen fish into an ovenproof baking dish and squeeze over the lemon juice. Bake for 10 mins. Pour away any excess liquid that cooks out.
- Meanwhile, in a pan gently heat the frozen spinach and sauce until well combined and smooth. Pour over the fish.
- Microwave the vegetables to pack instructions and stir with a fork. Spoon the mash over the fish and sauce, return to the oven for 30 mins until cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese over and grill for 3-4 mins until golden.
Top Tip for making Cheesy smoked haddock pie with veg mash
Frozen vegetables are just as healthy as fresh, plus they're easily stored and taste just as good