You can't beat a nice chunky chicken soup and this recipe is just delicious. The coconut milk gives it a great creamy texture - a perfect lunch or light dinner
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 850ml/1/12 pts chicken stock
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whole basil leaves
- Poach chicken breast fillet or cook in the microwave covered with film until just opaque - it finishes cooking in the soup.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add onion, and garlic and cook gently to soften. Add coriander and cumin and pour over chicken stock. Bring to bubbling, then add coconut milk.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Add to soup and bring back to bubbling. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in basil leaves and serve immediately.
Top Tip for making Chicken and coconut soup
Make your own chicken stock with this easy recipe