This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover chicken from a Sunday roast, just pick the meat off the bones. Alternatively you can use pork if that is what you have left over or just use fresh chicken breast or thighs. This really is a quick dinner to throw together – perfect for a Monday night and really tasty too.
You can learn how to cook rice perfectly with our simple guide, and learn what's best about different grains!
- 200g basmati rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 100g mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 6 rashers bacon cut into pieces
- 200g leftover chicken picked from the bones
- 1 tin sweet corn, drained
- Soy sauce (optional)
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Drain and rinse the rice in cold water. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan or wok to a medium high heat.
- Add the oil and onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bacon and mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through.
- Add the chicken and heat through before adding the rice and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep on quite a high heat and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to get some bits of rice nice and crispy.
- Stir in the drained sweet corn and heat through.
- Serve with a dash of soy sauce to taste.
Top Tip for making Chicken, bacon and mushroom fried rice
This recipe doesn’t require much salt for seasoning because the bacon is salty. Check regularly for seasoning. If adding soy sauce to serve this will also add salt.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World Published
A great British favourite, this Indian tandoori chicken is very tasty and spicy and easy to cook. Serve it up with a yogurt dip and your favourite kind of naan bread.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published