We know you all love chicken as well as lasagne, so why not have both? Chopped chicken makes a great lasagne filling, especially when mixed with sweetcorn and leeks. Use turkey for a lower fat twist.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 100g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 500g jar Dolmio Roasted Onion & Garlic Sauce for Lasagne
- 6-8 lasagne sheets (weighing about 100-135g)
- 470g jar Dolmio Creamy Sauce for Lasagne
- 25g grated Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh salad, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken, stir-frying it over a high heat until seared and browned – about 3-4 minutes. Add the leeks and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
- Tip in the sweetcorn and the Dolmio Roasted Onion & Garlic Sauce for Lasagne, stir and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Tip half the mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 26cm x 20cm. Arrange half the Lasagne sheets on top, then spread half the Dolmio Creamy Sauce for Lasagne over them. Repeat the layers, then sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the surface
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and golden brown. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve with a fresh salad.
Top Tip for making Chicken, leek and sweetcorn lasagne
You could add 100g sliced closed cup mushrooms to the mixture when you add the sweetcorn. Make sure you choose lasagne sheets that don’t need pre-cooking (most varieties sold are ready-to-use)
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World Published
This delicious lower-fat healthy carbonara recipe is ideal if you're trying to be good or looking for a diet-friendly recipe. Packed with all the flavours
By Jessica Dady Published
Honey and sesame chicken
Looking for quick rice recipes? James Tanner's easy sesame chicken takes less than 15 mins to make and cost just over £2 per head - just follow our step-by-step video recipe.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published