Chicken tandoori skewers with coconut sauce are really simple to make and are cooked in just 25 minutes. We'd recommend making them in advance so they have plenty of time to marinate before you cook and serve them.
- 500g chicken, cut into chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2tbsp tikka paste
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1tsp garam masala
- ¼tsp turmeric powder
- ¼tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 65g desiccated coconut, plus roasted flakes, to garnish
- Marinate the chicken in 100ml coconut milk and 1tbsp tikka paste and season with salt and pepper. Leave overnight or for at least 4hrs, then thread onto skewers.
- Heat half the oil in a sauté pan and cook the onions for 10-15 mins until very soft. Add the garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder and ginger and garlic pastes and stir well for a minute. Stir in the coconut and plenty of seasoning, then blend with a hand-held blender. Return to the pan and add a splash of water and 200ml coconut milk (or more if you prefer a looser sauce) and warm through.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken for 15 mins, turning. Serve with the sauce, topped with flakes of coconut.
Top Tip for making Chicken tandoori skewers with coconut sauce
These chicken skewers would make perfect party food as you can make a lot in bulk.