Make this Italian chicken dish in a creamy mushroom sauce and served on a bed of tagliatelle - delicious!
- 25g (1oz) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 150ml (5fl oz) white wine
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) whipping cream
- 2tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 150g (5½ oz) tagliatelle
- 115g (4oz) asparagus, to serve
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover the mushrooms. Leave to soak for 30 mins, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Add the wine and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins or until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the cream and cook for 5-10 mins or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add the tarragon and season to taste.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions and drain. Cook the asparagus in a pan of simmering water until tender, then drain.
- Arrange the tagliatelle in the centre of each plate. Scatter with the asparagus, spoon over the chicken and mushrooms, and serve straight away.
Top Tip for making Chicken with porcini mushrooms
For a lighter meal, you can just serve the chicken and sauce with a green salad - or try the sauce with pasta and no chicken.