Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This vegetarian friendly chickpea salad recipe is easy to make and packed with delicious Moroccan-spiced sweet potatoes. You can whip this salad up in just 30 minutes ready to serve for lunch, or alongside your dinner. Once the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are seasoned with Moroccan salt they are simply roasted and all that’s left is putting all the ingredients together. Arrange the spinach and rocket on a platter and scatter the chickpeas and sweet potatoes on top. Drizzle with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and the sun-blushed tomatoes before finishing off with a tahini, lemon justice and oil dressing. This is one of those fool-proof chickpea salad recipes that you're sure to revisit time and time again for a quick packed lunch or impressive party recipe.
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tsp Moroccan-style salt (we used Bart’s)
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 90g rocket leaves
- 200g feta cheese, broken into cubes
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g sun-blushed tomatoes (from a jar), drained of their oil
For the dressing:
- 3tbsp tahini
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Scatter the chickpeas into a roasting tin and sprinkle with the Moroccan salt.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in another roasting tin.
- Drizzle the oil over the chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Roast the chickpeas for 15-20 mins and the sweet potatoes for 35 mins, turning to cook evenly.
- Arrange the spinach and rocket on a large platter. Scatter over the warm or cold roasted chickpeas and sweet potatoes.
- Top with the feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and the sun-blushed tomatoes.
- Put the tahini, lemon juice, oil and 2tbsp water together in a jar. Seal and shake to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, to serve.