Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Give your salmon an extra burst of flavour with this quick and easy recipe. Marinate the salmon in Chinese Five Spice for an oriental taste
- 250g (8oz) salmon fillet
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 pinches of Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 125g (4oz) sugar-snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil to serve:
- 125g (4oz) dried egg noodles,
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Thickly cut lime slices
- 2 x 30cm (12in) sheets of baking parchment
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the salmon into 2 triangular-shaped pieces and put in the middle of each sheet of baking parchment. Season with salt, pepper and Five Spice.
- Sprinkle the garlic, spring onions, red pepper and sugar snaps on top. Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Fold the baking parchment over and fold in the ends to make a parcel. Bake on a baking tray for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the noodles into a large ovenproof dish and pour 900ml (1½ pints) boiling water over them. Cover with foil and put into the oven for 10 mins, to soften.
- Drain the noodles and toss them with the teriyaki sauce. Serve with the salmon parcels and lime slices.
Top Tip for making Chinese salmon parcel
Cook noodles in a pan of boiling salted water for 4 mins, if you prefer.