Ready in less than half an hour, this noodle dish is full of flavour from ginger and chilli to garlic and spring onions.
- 450g (1lb) lean beef mince
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp chilli sauce
- 4tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 x 5cm/2inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1-2tbsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 150g packs of cooked noodles
- 1 x 120g sachet sweet soy and roasted red chilli stir-fry sauce (or one of your choice)
- Finely shredded fresh spring onions and chilli peppers, to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the mince, soy and chilli sauce, sherry or rice wine, ginger and garlic together.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or large frying pan. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5-10 mins until brown. Add the spring onions, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry sauce. Heat through for 2-3 mins tossing occasionally.
- Garnish with the spring onions and chillies before serving.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Quick chilli beef noodles
By Sue McMahon • Published
Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon
For a perfect taste of takeaway fakery, try this Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon. Serve with sesame seeds and pickled ginger.
By Sibelle Mehmet • Published
Beef and beetroot salad
This beef and beetroot salad matches juicy succulent stead with chargrilled vegetables and inky dark beetroot to make one of the tastiest salads around.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
What is the Lunar New Year and is it different to Chinese New Year?
As the celebrations begin, we answer the questions what is the Lunar New Year and why is it so special?
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published