Chocolate ice cream bombe is the ultimate wow-factor pudding - it looks so impressive, but you only need to put in about 30 minutes effort and then you can let the freezer do all the hard work for you
- 1 litre chocolate ice cream
- 75g raisins
- 75g fudge, chopped
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- 2tbsp cocoa
- 40g white chocolate, chopped
- 40g dark chocolate, chopped
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer for about 15 mins, then spoon into a bowl. Mix in the raisins, pistachios and fudge. Spoon into an oiled 1 litre pudding basin, smooth the top and freeze for 1 hr until solid.
- To remove the pud, rub the bowl with a cloth dipped in hot water until loosened, then turn out onto a plate. Dust with 2tbsp cocoa and return to the freezer for 30 mins.
- Separately melt 40g white and dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave in 30 second blasts. Drizzle the chocolate over the top. Freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10 mins before serving. Add indoor sparklers for extra ooohs at the table!
Top Tip for making Chocolate ice cream bombe
You can play around with the flavour combinations in this bombe - strawberry ice cream with cherries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks, for instance, gives it a lovely summery twist.