Triple tested: Coffee and chocolate combine to create a wickedly indulgent dessert. The perfect end to a perfect dinner! Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 600ml (1pt) double cream
- 50g (2oz) coffee beans
- 2tsp instant coffee granules
- 100g (4oz) dark chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- Crème fraîche or whipped cream and 6 chocolate coffee beans, to serve
You will need:
- 6 ramekins or espresso cups
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F, gas mark 2). Place the double cream in a saucepan and heat gently. Roast the coffee beans in a frying pan for 2 mins to draw out the flavour, then add to the cream.
- When the cream is hot, but not boiling, remove from the heat, add the instant coffee granules and chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt and then gradually whisk in the warm coffee cream. Strain, discard the beans and divide among the six ramekins or espresso cups.
- Put them into a roasting tin and pour in boiling water, just enough to cover them halfway up. Cover with foil and cook for 35 mins. The chocolate should be just set, with a slight wobble in the middle. Remove from the water bath and chill in the fridge for a few hours. Spoon on crème fraîche or cream and top with a chocolate coffee bean and serve.
Top Tip for making Chocolate mocha pots
Espresso cups are an easy way to serve a dessert and they help keep the portion size down.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy Published
Espresso Martini chocolate pots
Whizz these Espresso Martini chocolate pots up in 10 minutes for your dinner party – a perfect, lightly boozy dessert...
By Jess Meyer Published
White chocolate passion fruit mousse
Easy to make ahead, these deceptively light and low-carb white chocolate passion fruit mousse are a dream...
By Jessica Ransom Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published