Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Meaty fresh crab combined with crème fraiche, tangy grapefruit and fresh chives makes a great topping on ciabatta toasts.
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp half-fat crème fraiche
- 1tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, segmented and roughly chopped
- 300g fresh white crab meat
- Black pepper
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf diagonally into 8 thin slices. Season and brush each slice with olive oil and grill on both sides until golden.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1tbsp of olive oil, most of the lime juice, crème fraiche, mayonnaise and chopped green chilli. Fold in the grapefruit and crab meat.
- Season with black pepper then spoon crab mixture onto ciabatta. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.