This coffee banoffee pie is quick easy and so delicious. A dollop of cream can transform everyday ingredients into something heavenly. Try this banoffee pie with a twist! This recipe serves 10 people and will take around 40 mins to make and bake. It's a real winner with the whole family the perfect dessert on a Sunday afternoon. If you love classic banoffee pie and you're a fan of coffee, you really must try this wonder. Great for dinner parties or sharing with friends and family for a special occasion. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or covered in clingfilm for up to 2 days. This recipe is best made and eaten on the same day for the best flavour and freshness.
For the coffee sponge:
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 60g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 medium egg
- 60g (2oz) self-raising flour
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur (such as Kalhua or Tia Maria)
- 397g canned caramel (we used Nestlé)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
For the topping:
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- 200g (7oz) mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or bean paste
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 60g (2oz) milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 20cm (8in) metal flan ring on a lined baking tray
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Put the butter, sugar, dissolved coffee, egg and self-raising flour into a food processor. Whizz to blend. Spoon the mixture into the prepared flan ring. Bake for 15 mins until pale golden and springy. Cool in the ring.
- Place the cooled sponge, still in the metal ring, on a serving plate. Run a knife around the edge of the sponge to loosen it, but keep the ring in place.
- To make the filling: Spoon the coffee liqueur over the sponge, then spread the caramel over. Toss bananas in the lemon juice and arrange on caramel.
- To make the topping: Softly whip the cream, stir in the mascarpone, vanilla and sugar and spoon over the bananas.
- Melt the chocolate for 30 seconds in the microwave, on High. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cream. Chill for about 1 hour before lifting off the metal ring to serve.
Top Tip for making Coffee banoffee pie
No time to make a sponge? Line a flan dish with half a packet (about 12) of sponge finger biscuits, instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
When does autumn start? First day of autumn 2022
If you're wondering when does autumn start in the UK, we reveal the official date and month that marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
Where is Winter Love Island 2023 filmed? Location of the latest series revealed
Winter Love Island 2023 filmed in a different location to previous years, and we take a look at where, while answering other burning questions about the series.
By Lucy Wigley • Published
When is the budget? Date, time and other details of the Autumn Statement 2022
Find out here when is the budget announcement and what to expect, from income tax and pensions to energy bills and spending cuts
By Ellie Hutchings • Published