This easy dish is a delicious light lunch or starter. You just need a vegetable peeler to cut the courgettes into thin ribbons.
- 2 medium/large courgettes, green or yellow
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 8 slices (90g pack) Parma ham
- About 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few parsley leaves
- Peel the courgettes into wafer-thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Put them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a little water for a few mins, to soften them.
- Arrange the Parma ham slices and the drained courgette ribbons in 'waves' on the four plates, then add some shavings of Parmesan.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together and drizzle over the salad. Season well and garnish with a few parsley leaves.
Top Tip for making Courgette and Parma ham salad
Buying tip: When buying courgettes, avoid dull, bendy ones; go for firm with bright skin. Courgettes don’t freeze well, except in soup.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.