Cheap, quick and easy - these delicious cranberry and cinnamon snacks are perfect as a teatime treat or at bake sales and kids' parties.
- 175g (6oz) soft margarine
- 175g (6oz) soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g (7oz) self-raising white flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g (2½ oz) sweetened semi-dried cranberries
- Rind of juice of 1 orange
- Demerara sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 5). Line a baking tin 33x23cm (13x9in).
- Cream together the margarine and sugar. Beat together the eggs and add to the margarine and sugar. Carefully fold the flour and cinnamon into the mixture. Add the cranberries with the rind and juice of the orange to form a soft dropping consistency. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and cook for 25 mins.
- Turn out and leave to cool before cutting into 'teatime' pieces. Sprinkle with a little demerara sugar.
Top Tip for making Cranberry and cinnamon tray bake
Top tip: If cranberries are a little too sharp for your taste, try raisins or dried cherries instead.