For a quick and tasty chicken pasta dish that the whole family will love, pick this great creamy spinach chicken pasta recipe. It's a simple mid-week meal by celeb chef Donal Skehan. This delicious, easy to make dish will take only 25 mins to prepare and cook and serves around 4 people. The soft spinach, creamy sauce and tender pieces of chicken work wonders together alongside the pasta. It's great for sharing with the whole family and a great way of sneaking vegetables into your child's diet too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again the next day.
- 300g (11oz) tagliatelle
- A knob of butter
- 400g (14oz) skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) ready-to-use sun-dried tomatoes
- 150g (5oz) baby spinach leaves
- 250ml (81/2fl oz) single cream
- A generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat and, when foaming, fry the chicken for 4–6 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and fry until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cream, bring to a steady simmer and cook for 3–4 minutes, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Toss well and serve straightaway.
Top Tip for making Creamy spinach chicken pasta
Try swapping the chicken for peppers if you want a vegetarian version of this meal
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Jazz up your kids' lunch times by preparing these healthy chicken pittas. Full of flavour but only 62 cals per serving, they're perfect for lunchboxes or a weekend treat
By Jessica Dady • Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make at home and tastes delicious too. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken.
By Gordon Ramsay • Last updated
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published