For a quick and tasty chicken pasta dish that the whole family will love, pick this great creamy spinach chicken pasta recipe. It's a simple mid-week meal by celeb chef Donal Skehan. This delicious, easy to make dish will take only 25 mins to prepare and cook and serves around 4 people. The soft spinach, creamy sauce and tender pieces of chicken work wonders together alongside the pasta. It's great for sharing with the whole family and a great way of sneaking vegetables into your child's diet too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again the next day.
- 300g (11oz) tagliatelle
- A knob of butter
- 400g (14oz) skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) ready-to-use sun-dried tomatoes
- 150g (5oz) baby spinach leaves
- 250ml (81/2fl oz) single cream
- A generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat and, when foaming, fry the chicken for 4–6 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and fry until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cream, bring to a steady simmer and cook for 3–4 minutes, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Toss well and serve straightaway.
Top Tip for making Creamy spinach chicken pasta
Try swapping the chicken for peppers if you want a vegetarian version of this meal