Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Crispy avocado wedges are a new, healthy and interesting option for putting in a fajita wrap! Switch up chicken or beef for these baked crispy avocado wedges, which you can serve up with green leaves, salsa and condiments. Add a little more hot sauce at the end if you like it hot, or leave it out if you prefer to keep things mild. This is a whole new take on fajitas, and you're going to love it.
- 2 avocados
- 75g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 75g polenta
- 75g panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp light olive oil
- 2 corn on the cobs
- a pinch of sweet smoked paprika
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- large handful of coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 spring onions
- half a red pepper
- 12 mini tortilla wraps
- shredded iceburg lettuce
- chipotle tomato sauce, to serve
- soured cream, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Peel and stone the avocados and slice into 6 wedges. Dip in plain flour, then dust off the excess. Dip into the beaten eggs, then coat in a mixture of polenta and panko breadcrumbs. Repeat the process again to double coat. Bake for 10-15 mins, drizzling over any leftover egg after 5 mins to help them crisp up. Cut each one in half to serve.
- Heat ½tbsp light olive oil in a pan and cook the sweetcorn sliced off 2 cobs with a pinch of sweet smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli fakes. Take off the heat and stir in a large handful of coriander, chopped, a little lime juice, 2 spring onions, chopped, and half a red pepper, sliced.
- Layer up 12 mini tortilla wraps with iceberg lettuce, the sweetcorn mix and 2 pieces of avocado. Add some chipotle tomato salsa and soured cream.