Making this delicious dessert with light, buttery croissant adds a continental twist to a British classic.
Like this? You’re going to love the Hairy Bikers delicious and easy pecan bread and butter pudding!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 7 medium croissants, halved lengthways and widthways
- 50g sultanas
- 50g ready to eat dried figs, roughly chopped
- 50g ready to eat dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 300ml double cream
- 5tbsp caster sugar
- 75ml Baileys
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 150 C, 300 F, gas 2. Butter a 23cm ovenproof dish and use the remaining butter to grease the croissant pieces. Arrange them in the dish, in a tight circular pattern and scatter with dried fruit, pushing some of it in between the slices.
- Place remaining ingredients, except for jam, in a large bowl whisking lightly to incorporate thoroughly. Pour over croissants and allow to stand for 20 mins. Don't worry if all the custard doesn't fit in - you can pour in the remainder just before baking, when the croissants will have soaked most of it up.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until set. Place jam in a bowl and stir in 1tbsp hot water from the kettle. Stir well and use to glaze pudding. Return to oven for 5 mins, then serve with vanilla ice cream.