Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This easy dairy-free strawberry yogurt ice makes a delicious alternative to dairy ice cream. The secret to the creaminess is to add xanthan gum powder which enriches the texture and helps to prevent the finished yogurt ice being hard and brittle. Xanthan gum powder is available in many supermarket free-from sections as it is also a key ingredient in gluten-free baking, helping cakes and breads to rise. Unlike many dairy-free ice creams this recipe is also egg-free. You can freeze this yogurt ice in one large container for scooping or in individual pots or ice lolly moulds.
- 175g strawberries
- 25g icing sugar
- 500g pot vanilla soya yogurt
- 1tbsp xanthan gum powder
- 35g ground almonds
- Place the strawberries, icing sugar, yogurt and xanthan gum powder in a food processor or blender and whiz until smooth. If you prefer to remove the pips, strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Stir in the ground almonds and pour the mixture into a freezer container (large and shallow is better than small and deep). Freeze for 1 hour until the mixture is just starting to freeze around the edges.
- Scrap the mixture back into the food processor or blender and blend again until smooth. Return the mixture back to the freezer container and repeat the freezing and blending twice more at 1 hour intervals.
- Pour back into the freezer container or into individual pots or ice lolly moulds and freeze until firm. Transfer to the fridge 20 mins before serving to soften slightly. Serve with strawberries, if liked.
Top Tip for making Dairy-free strawberry yogurt ice
Blending the semi-frozen mixture several times helps to break up the large ice crystals and give the yogurt ice a smooth creamy texture.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Cherry and dark chocolate frozen yogurt
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Chicken breast with lemon and tarragon sauce
This tangy stuffed chicken recipe with dairy-free sauce is ready in just under an hour and it goes well with Dauphinois potatoes or even a simple serving of vegetables or rice
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts
Make perfect doughnuts at home with Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts recipe, made with malt powder and filled with a sweet chocolate cream.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pilchard fishcakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Puff pastry minced beef pie
This delicious puff pastry minced beef pie is pleasingly easy to whip up but is always a hit with the whole family. The crisp, flaky golden pastry is a winner.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published