This tangy duck ramen noodle dish is packed with healthy vegetables and citrusy fresh ginger. Just marinate the duck breast in soy sauce, brush with honey and sesame seeds before roasting for 15-20 minutes. Boil the noodles according to the packets instructions and add in the onion, ginger, green beans and sugar snaps for 3 minutes before adding yuzu juice. Don’t forget to garnish with shredded duck and peeled orange slices before serving in a large bowl. This is one of those dishes that is delicious if made for a packed lunch too, so you would make double to see you through the following day.
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 duck breasts
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp Japanese furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
- 250g dried soba noodles
- 1tbsp root ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 100g sugar-snaps
- 3tbsp yuzu or grapefruit juice
- 3 oranges, peel and pith removed, sliced
- Put the soy sauce into a shallow dish, then add the duck breasts, fat-side up. Pat the fat dry with kitchen paper. Leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 220°C or Gas Mark 7. Arrange the duck breasts on a rack over a roasting tin, brush with the honey and sprinkle with the furikake or sesame seeds. Roast for 15-20 mins, until duck is just cooked through and the skin crispy.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the noodles. Cook according to pack instructions, then drain.
- Put the leftover marinade into a pan, add the ginger, onion and stock and bring to the boil. Add the green beans and sugar-snaps and cook for 3 mins.
- Tip in the noodles and yuzu or grapefruit juice, to warm through.
- Slice the duck. Divide the noodles, stock and vegetables between the bowls. Top with the sliced duck and oranges.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon
For a perfect taste of takeaway fakery, try this Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon. Serve with sesame seeds and pickled ginger.
By Sibelle Mehmet Published
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This easy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe are a favourite thanks to its creamy, rich flavour. The broccoli and cheese pair perfectly together...
By Jessica Dady Published
This creamy potato soup recipe is the perfect winter warmer. Top it with cheese and bacon for a soup version of a baked potato.
By Nichola Palmer Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published