Fish fingers are a family favourite and for a good reason. This mouthwatering recipe makes up to 16 fingers, so there's plenty to share. Fearne says: "Fish fingers were most definitely a staple when I was growing up, but the homemade version will always taste so much better than shop-bought – and you know exactly what’s going in them. You can make these with chicken or firm tofu in the same way, depending on your preference, and enjoy them with the whole family."
- 300g green beans
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g cornflour
- 250g spelt or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 500g boneless salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 162 x 7cm fingers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 3–4 minutes, until they are cooked but retain a little bite. Drain, toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Combine the cornflour with 1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper in a bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Coat a salmon finger in the flour, then dip it into the beaten egg and finally roll it in the breadcrumbs until evenly covered on all sides. Set aside on a plate while you repeat with the remaining salmon fingers.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the salmon fingers and fry for 2–3 minutes on each side, in batches if necessary, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately with the green beans, lemon wedges and mayonnaise to dunk the fingers into.
Top Tip for making Fearne Cotton's salmon fish fingers and green beans
You could use other fish for these too if your family don't like salmon - cod or haddock would work well.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Broccoli and salmon pasta
This superfood-packed broccoli and salmon pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Salmon pasta with crème fraîche
This salmon pasta with leeks, broccoli, green beans and parsley is easy to make and tastes delicious - plus it gives you a healthy dose of omega-3 too.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Salmon fillets with minty pesto
This salmon fillets with minty pesto recipe is ever so simple to make and you can feed the family very quickly. Lemon juice is drizzled over the salmon
By GoodtoKnow Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published