Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Give yourself a treat with this richly indulgent cheesecake, ideal for parties.
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 350g (12oz) cream cheese
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 100g (3.5oz) dark chocolate
- 125ml (1/4 pint) milk
- 20ml (4tps) gelatine
- 2 large oranges
- 284ml (1/2 pint) double cream
- 6 chocolate flakes
- Melt the butter, stir in the finely crushed biscuits then press half the mixture into an ungreased 20 cm (8 inch) loose based cake tin, base lined tin and chill.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Melt the chocolate in the milk then cool slightly before mixing into the cheese mixture with the gelatine dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Finely grate the rind of 1 orange then segment both; save 8 segments for the topping and chop remainder.
- Fold the orange rind and chopped pieces into the cheese mixture, with half the lightly whipped cream.
- Pour into the tin, on top of the biscuits and leave to set for at least an hour. When set, carefully press the remaining biscuit mixture onto the cheesecake and chill.
- Gently turn cheesecake out onto a plate. Spread top with whipped cream.
- Decorate edge with thin pieces of flake and orange segments in the centre.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Chai latte cheesecake bars
By Keiron George • Published
Candice Brown's rainbow cake
Want to make your very own rainbow cake? This rainbow cake recipe is easy to follow and is great for those special occasions...
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Mary Berry's chocolate mousse
This chocolate mocha mousse is quick to make, rich in flavour with a light, silky texture. It's one of those treats that's loved by kids and adults alike...
By Mary Berry • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
This easy no-bake Milkybar cheesecake recipe has gone viral and you need to make it
By Selina Maycock • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Ben & Jerry's is launching a line of doggie dessert treats
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published