Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This festive fruit tree makes a fabulous centre piece for any Christmas table. Made from a selection of colourful and delicious fruit the tree could stay as a table attraction throughout the Christmas meal or it could be brought on just before dessert. Guests will enjoy a refreshing piece of fruit from the tree after the rich dining of a traditional Christmas lunch or dinner. Children will also love the tree. You could vary the fruit to include your favourites and if you are serving lots of guests why not arrange 2 or 3 fruit trees on the table.
- 1 large apple
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1 large kiwi fruit
- Approx 26 red grapes and 26 green grapes
- Approx 18 strawberries (stalks left on)
You will also need
- 1 medium star-shaped cutter
- 1 polystyrene cone approx. 19.5cm high, 7cm base diameter
- Cocktail sticks
- Peel the apple and slice off the round edge. Cut a large slice, approx 5mm thick and place on a board. Use the star cutter to stamp out a star. Brush the apple on both sides with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the polystyrene cone on a serving plate. Leaving the skin intact, trim the ends from the kiwi fruit then cut into medium-thick slices.
- Place all the fruit on the end of cocktail sticks including the apple star. Insert the apple star into the top of the cone then arrange the remaining fruit around the cone. Cover with cling film if not serving straight away and serve within a few hours of assembling.
Top Tip for making Fresh fruit Christmas tree
Polystyrene cones are available from craft shops and online. There are a variety of sizes available. If you prefer a large table centre piece, simply increase the fruit.
Coconut milk panna cotta
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Gousto warm meat-free sausage, mustard and broccoli salad
This filling meat-free sausage, mustard, and broccoli salad recipe is part of Joe Wicks' Feel Good Fuel range from Gousto...
By Joe Wicks • Published
Gousto tandoori chicken Roti wraps with beetroot and carrot slaw
Ready in just 30 minutes, this mouthwatering tandoori chicken recipe is part of Joe’s Feel Good Fuel range from Gousto...
By Joe Wicks • Published
Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts
Make perfect doughnuts at home with Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts recipe, made with malt powder and filled with a sweet chocolate cream.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pilchard fishcakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Puff pastry minced beef pie
This delicious puff pastry minced beef pie is pleasingly easy to whip up but is always a hit with the whole family. The crisp, flaky golden pastry is a winner.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Where is Bad Sisters filmed? Locations in Ireland of the Apple TV black comedy
Bad Sisters was filmed in Ireland and we pinpoint exactly where filming for the black comedy took place for the show everyone is talking about
By Lucy Wigley • Last updated
Aldi's wooden toys are back in time for Christmas
The best-selling range of wooden toys at Aldi is better than ever
By Heidi Scrimgeour • Last updated
See season 3 on Apple TV: UK release date, cast, and will there be a season 4?
See season 3 is finally dropping on Apple TV and we reveal the UK release date, cast details and if there will be a season 4.
By Lucy Wigley • Published