This fresh, citrusy Slimming World’s fruity pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch any time of the year and is ideal picnic food or a lunch box filler. You’ll be surprised how well orange, apples and grapes go with pasta in this inventive dish. This recipe serves 4 people and takes about 30 mins to make. This colourful, vibrant salad is made with oranges, apples and celery. It’s light, sweet and full of flavour – plus it count towards your 5-a-day too. If you have any leftovers store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- For the dressing:
- 6 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3tbsp each of finely chopped fresh chives and dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 300g dried short-shaped pasta
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 red apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 50g each of green and red seedless grapes
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
Add the pasta to the salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
Pour over the dressing and toss gently to mix well.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s fruity pasta salad
The salad can be chilled until ready to serve and will keep up to 1 day, so make some extra and pack lunchboxes with this healthy salad the next day