Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This quick-to-prepare dish is absolutely perfect for a hearty brunch or lunch with friends. Tuck in!
- 6ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g (8oz) button mushrooms, halved
- 3 tbsp dry white wine (or water)
- 1 (200g) pot half fat crème frâiche
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 large Lion Quality eggs
- a dash of vinegar
- snipped fresh chives to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3 mins or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 mins or until the juices have come out of the mushrooms.
- Increase the heat, add the wine (or water) and cook over a high heat until the liquid has evaporated. Season well, then stir in the crème frâiche. Gently reheat until hot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large frying pan of salted water to the boil. Add the vinegar. Carefully crack the each of the eggs into a saucer, then tip gently into the simmering water. Cook for 3-4 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Lift from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Lightly toast the bread, then top with the mushroom mixture. Place a poached egg on top and serve garnished with snipped fresh chives.
Top Tip for making Garlic and mushroom bruschetta
When cooking with wine, only ever use wine that you'd be happy to drink.