I’m a Celebrity’s Gino D’Acampo has created this speedy weekday meal using tender Bellaverde broccoli – delicious!
- 200g bellaverde® broccoli
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into small cubes (about 1cm)
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 50g/2oz pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 medium eggs
- 25g/1oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a 25cm diameter frying pan, add the onion, aubergines and pepper and sauté for 6-8 mins until soft and browned, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, wash the bellaverde® and prepare by trimming the base of the spear and chopping the remaining into 3cm pieces.
Pour the tomatoes in the frying pan with the bellaverde®, basil and olives. Cover the pan with a baking tray or lid and cook, over a medium heat for 4-5 mins or until all the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
Use a spoon to make four hollows in the tomato mixture and very gently break one egg into each. Recover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins. Remove the lid, sprinkle over the Parmesan and cook under the grill for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are cooked as you like them. Serve immediately with warm crusty bread.
Top tip for making Gino D’Acampo’s Flamenco eggs with Bellaverde broccoli
Gino says: 'Bellaverde is slightly sweeter than other broccoli, so is more appealing to kids'