Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This gluten free sticky toffee pudding is a real crowd pleaser and is perfect if you need a pudding everyone can enjoy. Just like the traditional pud, our gluten free sticky toffee pudding is rich, indulgent and comforting. We have served the gluten free sticky toffee puddings with whipped cream but you could use créme fraîche or even ice cream if you'd prefer.
- 200g pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter, softened
- 125g dark brown muscovado sugar, sifted
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g gluten free self-raising flour
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- whipped cream or crème fraîche, to serve
For the sauce
- 60g butter
- 90g dark brown muscovado sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 4tbsp double cream or crème fraîche
You will need
- 4 molds buttered and dusted with flour
- Heat oven to 150C, Gas 2. Put the dates and bicarb in a bowl and pour in 200ml boiling water. Leave for 5mins.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and, using an electric whisk, beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then fold in the four and vanilla. Beat in the date mixture and golden syrup and spoon into the moulds. Bake for 30mins, then leave in the tins to cool for 10mins before de-moulding onto the plates.
- When the puddings are out of the oven make the sauce: Put the butter, sugar, salt and cream in a pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave for 5-10mins to thicken.
- Turn out the puddings and spoon over sauce with cream or crème fraîche.
Top Tip for making Gluten free sticky toffee pudding
Serve with double cream, crème fraîche or ice cream... (or a combination!)