Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Gordon Ramsay's mushroom polenta recipe is so simple. Try Gordon Ramsay's Italian version of mushroom on toast. A great recipe for lunch, or a dinner-party starter! This recipe serves 4 people and will take 1hr in total to make. This delicious dish is bursting with flavour thanks to the garlic, butter and oregano. This recipe is so easy to make too and perfect for sharing. Gordon Ramsay's mushroom polenta was taken from his TV show called the F Word.
- 200g instant polenta
- 1.2 lt water
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 500g mixed wild mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 25g butter
- Few sprigs of oregano leaves, picked
- 2–3 tbsp plain flour, to dust
- Pecorino shavings, to garnish (or vegetarian alternative to this cheese)
- First, prepare the polenta. Pour the water into a medium saucepan, salt lightly and bring to the boil. Add the polenta gradually in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly. Keep stirring for about 5 mins until the polenta thickens and all the water has been absorbed. When ready, remove from the heat, season well with salt and pepper and tip onto a lightly oiled baking tray. Using a palette knife, spread the polenta evenly, to a 2cm thickness. Leave to cool and set for 30 mins.
- When you are just about ready to serve, halve any larger mushrooms. Place a large frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the olive oil followed by the mushrooms and fry quickly until they begin to colour. Stir in the garlic and butter with some seasoning and half the oregano leaves. Continue to fry the mushrooms over a high heat until any liquid released has been cooked off. Take the pan off the heat; keep warm.
- Put a griddle pan over a medium heat. Cut the polenta into 8–10cm squares and dust with a little flour, then brush the griddle with olive oil. Griddle the polenta slices for 2 -3 mins on each side, until they begin to colour slightly. If cooking in batches, keep warm in a low oven.
- To serve, place the griddled polenta on warm plates and spoon the sautéed mushrooms on top. Scatter over shavings of pecorino and the remaining oregano leaves and serve immediately.